Monday, June 8, 2009

S'mores Cupcakes

Yes, here it is another ode to my S'mores addiction!

These cupcakes were so unbelievably good! I can't being to put into words just how tasty these little cuties were. I had so much fun making them too! I was actually surprised at how easy these were to make. I really thought I was going to be in over my head and up all night...but quite the opposite! I even had time to start making other things while these were in the oven!



The S'more Cupcakes were such a HUGE hit! I had done quite a bit of research in looking for a S'mores Cupcake recipe. There are SO MANY out there, and so many of those seem very complicated. I knew there had to be recipes out there that had the "S'mores" effect, but not so intense. About a month ago, I remembered bookmarking this recipe in my google reader. I actually forgot about it until I started researching and it popped up again! I was so happy because it was exactly what I was looking for in a recipe! I found it on A Homemaker's Habitat, and was pleased to see that it was a take on a Martha Stewart recipe!! Miss Martha has yet to disappoint me!! And it looks like the S'mores Cupcakes are another Martha success!!

S'mores Cupcakes
(from A Homemaker's Habitat, originally from Martha Stewart)
1 "Family Size" box Pillsbury Fudge Brownies
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
20 graham crackers (I think I may have used more)
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 bag unsweetened mini chocolate chips
2 containers Marshmallow Fluff (gosh I love this stuff!)
2 Hershey Bars
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pans with cupcake liners. (recipe makes 24 cupcakes) Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for "cake-like" brownies (using 3 eggs instead of 2). Set aside batter.
Combine graham crackers and sugar in food processor, pulse until crackers are crushed into small even crumbs. Slowly add melted butter a little at a time, pulsing after each addition until you get a mixture that still crumbly but firm when pressed. (I didn't end up using the whole stick of melted butter, this is why I recommend adding a little butter at a time until you get the right consistency.)
Drop 1 Tablespoon of graham cracker mixture into each cupcake liner. You can use a small glass to press down the graham cracker mixture evenly, I used my handy dandy Pampered Chef Mini-Tart Shaper! Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of mini chocolate chips over the graham cracker mixture. Place cupcake pans in the oven for about 5 minutes to firm the graham cracker crust and begin melting the chocolate chips.
Remove pans from the oven and fill each cupcake liner with brownie batter until they are about 3/4 full. Sprinkle each cupcake with another teaspoon of chocolate chips and a Tablespoon of the graham cracker mixture. Place cupcake pans back in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Place cupcake pans on a rack until cooled. Meanwhile, fill a quart-size zip-lock bag with marshmallow fluff, cut a small tip in the corner. When cupcakes have cooled, pipe a small amount of marshmallow fluff onto each cupcake. DO NOT over frost, as the marshmallow fluff will ooze over the cupcake as it settles.
Turn oven to broil setting. Place cupcake pans, one at a time, about 1 inch from the broiler. Watch cupcake closely to make sure the marshmallow puffs and browns, but does not burn. This doesn't take long so be sure to watch them closely. You may need to shift the pan to make sure the cupcakes brown evenly. Repeat with second tin.
Once cupcakes have cooled completely top with a piece of Hershey bar!
***One tip I noticed...
The marshmallow fluff was great right out of the broiler...nice and crispy. However, this step might be best left until right before you are going to serve them. The marshmallow fluff kept its shape and color, but not the crispiness. They were still fantastic, but I think the marshmallow fluff would have been even better if I would have waited to do it until the next day when I was serving them. Also, I didn't cover my cupcakes. I knew that by covering them that the moisture would have an effect on the marshmallow fluff. So you may want to leave yours uncovered as well.***
Side view of the cupcakes! They were so moist and delicious!
The graham cracker crust was so tasty and the melted chocolate
chips were a nice surprise! ENJOY!

20 comments:

  1. These look incredible! I am bookmarking them right now so I can make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you on Cupcakes Take The Cake.

    I will be trying this awesome recipe. Thanks for posting! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liesl, put the marshmallows down. You are a "s'mores-a-holic". Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another reader from Cupcakes Take the Cake! I am so bookmarking this recipe and making it for my dad's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to try this recipe...i must..must..must..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. Such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live overseas so can't get marshmallow fluff (what is it anyway?). would melted marshmallows work?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. This would be such a fun cupcake for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will have to make this for my brother and his s'mores loving friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roberto, Marshmallow Fluff in basically just marshmallow in a jar.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshmallow_creme

    It appears to be an American product occording to wikipedia...bummer...it's great stuff! I bet you could melt marshmallows though and spread that on top and it would work just the same. If you try it like that let me know, I would be curious to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'll try that Leisi...melt them and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! They look gorgeous! (first comment!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE s'mores, definitely will have to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just made these for my family and they got rave reviews! Delish! It makes me happy to know that there are several more in the kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love you.
    okay, that's a little strong, but I've been looking for a recipe like this for ages. All the others are very complicated, like you said, and involve things like gonash and other frieghtening steps. I'm going to make these this weekend, and I'm very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andrea - I hope you had success with them!! Those cupcakes are so incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How much sugar should I use? It says 1/2 sugar is that 1/2 cup?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is 1/2 cup...I will fix that in the recipe. Thanks for picking up on that! Enjoy the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this Idea. I made the more complicated version and they were awesome and so beautiful yet time consuming. These are so cute and a whole lot faster to make.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!