Monday, September 7, 2009

"Through My Lens" Contest

I am so excited to write and share this post with you all! I have been following the Culinary Snapshot blog for quite some time now. The blog is dedicated to food photography. You basically submit your before and after photos with descriptions of how you photographed your food, with what camera, props, etc. It is a great learning tool. I love reading what people do to make their food look great! I especially love reading the tips people share about what things they do in photoshop to make the pictures even more eye catching.

About a month ago, I saw they were doing a contest called "Through My Lens". It basically is a contest that was started where you are given a subject to photograph creatively for that month. You then submit the photos and winners are selected. I wanted to enter the first one (the subject was chocolate chip cookies), but I ran out of time. I was so mad that I missed it. Soon enough the second one was announced...the subject being Peanut Butter and Jelly!

I was so excited about doing this project. I knew that photographing a peanut butter and jelly sandwich would be difficult, but I wanted to do it. I actually insisted that my friend Kristen (Through Kristen's Viewfinder) did it with me. (Since I have a crappy camera, but really wanted to submit something.) She gladly accepted the challenge and we got to planning!

I didn't just want to photograph a "sandwich", so we started tossing around ideas. We had some great ideas, but it actually wasn't until we started getting ready to shoot that we decided on the "A" "B" "C" idea! (I had these cookie cutters packed away in one of my cabinets...sadly this was the first time I had used them, but it won't be the last!) I loved the way it turned out though. I think it was a great way to showcase the classic PB&J in a different and creative way!

So keep your fingers crossed...we are hoping to win! :o) And be sure to check out Culinary Shapshot for the next contest!

1 comment:

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!