Monday, April 13, 2009

Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken

One word...AMAZING! I saw this recipe on a new blog I started following Stephanie Cooks. I loved the ingredients that the recipe listed, but somehow it struck me as an odd combination. None-the-less, it got my interest enough that I wanted to make it! (Plus it was a weight watchers recipe so I figured it couldn't be that unhealthy!) I made this with the rice recipe that she posted as well, however, my pictures didn't turn out at all :o( But do make the rice as it was some of the best rice I have ever had!

The chicken was so moist inside and the brown sugar gave the outside a nice sweet crunch! It was so tasty and I can't wait to make this again!

Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
(recipe from Stephanie Cooks)
Brown Sugar, 2 tsp unpacked
2 Chicken Breast
3 Garlic Cloves Minced (use less if you don't like as much garlic)
1 tablespoon Salted Butter
Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
Melt the butter in a frying pan. Brown the garlic in the butter. Add chicken breasts to garlic and butter and cook thoroughly, adding salt and pepper as you like it. When chicken is fully cooked add brown sugar on top of each breast (1 tsp per breast). Allow the brown sugar to melt into the chicken (about 5 minutes). Serve with your favorite carb, and veggie or salad...I highly recommend the garlic rice pilaf.
Garlic Rice Pilaf
(recipe from Stephanie Cooks)
1/4 cup white rice (not instant)
1/4 cup orzo
1-1.5 cups of chicken broth
Garlic powder to taste
Onion powder to taste
Olive Oil
Drizzle a couple teaspoons of olive oil in a small saucepan. Add the orzo and rice. Allow the rice mixture to lightly brown. Pour in the chicken broth and seasonings. Turn the heat down low, cover the sauce pan. Allow it to cook until the liquid absorbs (about 20 minutes), stirring occasionally.

2 comments:

  1. that does seem like an odd combo, but looks great.... have to keep this one in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked them! I looooove that rice recipe... now I want it!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!