Saturday, October 25, 2008

Parmesan Heaven!

Parmesan cheese is one of my absolute favorite things in the world! So when my husband and I got the invite to our friends house I decided to try out a new idea that has been boiling in my head...Potato Chip Parmesan Crusted Chicken!

I paired it with a recipe that has been in the family for years (and a favorite of my husband's)...Parmesan Potato Bake! This is definitely NOT the healthiest meal, but when going for some comfort food with lots of flavor, this meal hits the spot!

Potato Chip Parmesan Crusted Chicken

1 package of chicken tenders

1 egg

2 Tablespoons Milk

2 cups (may need more depending on number of tenders in package) of crushed up potato chips (I used Wavy Lays because those are my husband's favorite)

1/4 cup Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese (the kind in the plastic container)

2 Tablespoons Garlic Salt

2 Tablespoons of fresh cracked pepper

Preheat oven to 350. You will need a large cookie sheet lined with aluminium foil and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. You will also need 2 bowls/containers: one to put the egg wash in and the other for your potato chip mixture. Crack egg into one bowl/container and add the milk. Mix together well. In the other bowl/container add the crushed potato chips, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Salt and Pepper. Then taking one tender at a time dip in the egg wash and then the Potato Chip mixture. Make sure the tenders get covered in all the yummy potato chips! Then place the covered tender on your greased cookie sheet. Repeat under you have used up all your tenders. Place tenders in the oven. Cook for about 30 minutes or under chicken is cooked and the outside is crispy. I flip mine half-way through, so the other side gets nice and crispy!


Parmesan Potato Bake
1 stick margarine
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup Kraft grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
3 - 4 large potatoes
Preheat oven to 350. Place the stick of butter in a 9in square pan and place in oven to melt the butter. Wash and peel your potatoes. Carefully slice the potatoes into thin slices. Using a gallon size zip lock baggie, combine your flour, Parmesan cheese and salt. Seal bag and shake to combine ingredients. Pull 9in pan out of oven, the butter should now be melted. Be careful the dish will be hot! Place potatoes into the zip lock baggie and shake to coat the sliced potatoes. Once they are all coated, open bag and place them in a single layer in the pan with the melted butter. (sometimes I sprinkle a little more Parmesan cheese on top!!) Back for 1 hour. Turn at the half-hour mark. (I also sprinkle more Parmesan cheese when I turn them!) ENJOY!!!
**So I told my friends to give me some feed back on the Chicken recipe and this is what we all pretty much decided...we really loved them! The chicken was so moist and the Potato Chips had just the right amount of crunch to them! My friend decided that we should have tried to make a Garlic Pesto Mayo to dip them in! I think I may try that next time!!! ALSO, I got to thinking about the whole Chip Crusted Chicken idea and I thought you probably could do this with your favorite chip....like BBQ flavored!!! That would be delicious!! Maybe even Ranch Doritos!! The possibilities are endless!!! Have fun, and feel free to ask questions!!***




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!