Saturday, October 25, 2008

WHAT CAKE IN A MUG?!?!

So when I was at my friends house last night, she went into her freezer and asked if anyone wanted a Popsicle...I said no and she was like "what no Popsicle for Liesl!?!" To which I replied "well if you really want to know, I just feel like having something bad...we might as well end the night bad since dinner wasn't so healthy!!" So she went upstairs and came back down with this recipe...CAKE IN A MUG!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! hahaha But we had all the ingredients so we decided to give it a shot!!

I know it isn't the most eye appealing thing, but it actually wasn't too bad for that late night crave!

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
4 Tablespoons Flour
4 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cocoa
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons Milk
3 Tablespoons Oil
3 Tablespoons Chocolate Chips (Optional)
a small splash of Vanilla Extract
1 Large Coffee Mug
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Add the milk, oil, chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again. Put your mug on a plate and place in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes. Don't be alarmed if the cake overflows, hence the reason for the plate underneath! Allow to cool for two minutes and tip onto plate to eat!
So although it doesn't look to appetizing, it really wasn't that bad!! My friend told me she got the recipe from her husband's grandmother...I guess it's one of their family recipes!!! :o) May want to give it a try if you have one of those late night cravings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!