Sunday, August 16, 2009

Rootbeer Float Cupcake - A Gigi's Cupcake Review

Down here in Nashville, specialty cupcakes are becoming all the rage! All sorts of places are popping up:


If you know of any others let me know...

This particular post is dedicated to Gigi's Cucpakes! I love their cupcakes, mainly because of the mound of frosting they put on each of their hand-made-with-love cupcakes! It is good stuff let me tell you! It opened a while ago (maybe a couple of years ago) and I immediately fell in love :o) Gigi's has a menu posted on their website, that changes daily. They didn't start out with as many flavors as they have today, but the flavors just keep growing. Everything from Carrot Cake, Midnight Magic Chocolate Chip, Miss Princess, Orange Dreamsicle, Peanut Butter Cup, Strawberry Short Cake, Texas Milk Chocolate, Wedding Cake, Tiramisu, White Midnight Magic Chocolate Chip, Bailey's Irish Cream, Coconut Snowball, Lemon Dream Supreme, Hunka Chunka Banana Love, Scarlett's Velvet, Pink Lemonade....the list goes on and on! Which bring me to ... DRUM ROLL PLEASE .......

The Suspect: The Rootbeer Float Cupcake

Root beer flavored yellow cake,
with root beer flavored butter cream frosting,
drizzled with marshmallow cream
and topped with straw and gummie cola bottle.


HELLO ROOTBEER LOVERS!! (Myself included) Out of all the flavors they have featured, I was most excited to see this one! First of all look how cute!!! (ok my pictures suck below, but it was so cute in person!) Secondly, WHAT A GREAT IDEA for a flavor! And let me tell you, this cupcake was amazing...one of the best ones I have had in a long time...that is when it comes to specialty cupcakes outside of New York City's CRUMBS! (If you go to NYC be sure and check CRUMBS out!) I couldn't believe how much it DID actually taste like a Rootbeer Float! Man I want another one right now! :o)

I actually got two of these one cupcake for the recent birthday girl ... the one I made the Spaghetti and Meatball Cupcakes for! She is a Rootbeer lover like myself, so I knew she would appreciate it, and she did!

So if you are every in Nashville, be sure and check Gigi's out...it will not disappoint!

**disclaimer - you may want to bring a friend (or an appetite) as the cupcake is enough to share with someone...but only one more!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!