Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Wrap

So last night for dinner, I treated myself! My husband has been feeling really sick and actually threw up on his way home yesterday. (I know sorry for that imagery!) But I had been planning on this great dinner, which I knew I would have to put off until he felt better...I can't wait to blog about it and share it with all of you! I am hoping to make it for dinner tonight!

So since I love to keep a stocked freezer/pantry, I always have some of my homemade chicken noodle soup on hand for special nights like last night. But that wasn't going to cut it for me!! I wasn't sick and I wasn't eating chicken noodle soup!!! I knew I had the ingredients on hand to make this wrap and I knew I didn't have enough to make two so I thought it would be perfect for my dinner. I felt so bad eating it in front of my husband though. He loves anything and everything Buffalo Chicken! This wrap is so yummy! If you like Buffalo Wings at all, definitely give this wrap a try. I never used to like Blue Cheese either, but I have really gotten into it over the past couple of years...it really makes this wrap what it is! Enjoy!

Buffalo Chicken Wrap
(from the kitchen of Liesl)
1 sun dried tomato tortilla
1 cup of rotisserie chicken shredded
1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
1 teaspoon lite butter
2 ribs of celery
a couple of tablespoons of blue cheese crumbles (I used reduced fat)
blue cheese dressing for dipping (I used lite)
In a small saucepan, heat butter and buffalo sauce over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until heated throughout and sauce has coated the chicken. About 5 minutes.
While chicken is heating, cut one rib of celery into long strips. I cut the rib in half and then cut each half in long strips. (The other piece I used to decorate and eat along side my wrap.)
To assemble:
Lay tortilla flat on plate.
Spoon chicken mixture out of pan into the center of the tortilla.
Lay the thin strips of celery on top of the chicken.
Sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles on top of the celery.
Carefully roll up the wrap and slice at an angle. I put a toothpick in each half to help hold it together.
This wrap was so easy to make and very delicious!!! The blue cheese dressing on the side added an extra zing with every bite. I had to watch my husband drool over my plate while I was eating this...I promise you it really made me feel guilty!! OK really it just gave me reason to savor every bite, he usually eyes my plate for leftover bites...but I knew this wrap was all mine so I took my time and truly enjoyed it!!! I did have to promise to make it for him soon, once he gets better of course!!

2 comments:

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!