Monday, March 30, 2009

Chicken, Rice and Bean Wrap

When I saw this recipe pop up in my Google Reader I knew I had to make it! I have been trying really hard to not be wasteful and use up what I have on hand before I make new trips to the grocery! (And I just so happened to have these ingredients laying around!) It sounded very delicious and really easy (which is just what I needed coming back from my vacation)!! I probably had this meal put together in under 20 minutes! I made a couple substitutions to the recipe because it was what I had on hand, but feel free to look at the original recipe here.
Chicken, Rice and Bean Wrap
(adapted from Proceed With Caution)

1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 cups salsa (I think I ended up using a little more)
3 tablespoons taco seasoning
4 cups rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese blend
dash of red pepper flakes (I added this because my husband and I like things spicy!)
8-12 tortillas ( I used sun dried tomato, because that is what I had)
Low fat sour cream for dipping
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Scoop into tortillas and fold into a burrito shape.
***This recipe made A LOT! I definitely had leftovers which was nice, but in the original recipe she talks about freezing the leftovers if you like...so check that out if you are interested.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!