Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Chicken Paprikash

Ok so I have a confession to make *sighs* my Martha Stewart Magazine is seriously one of the best cooking magazines ever!! I never thought I would say that at all. I haven't really ever been a big fan of hers, but this magazine has forever changed me and my relationship with Ms. Martha!! You can just call us sisters from now on!!! HAHA Seriously though, I love Everyday Food! You must go check her magazine out if you haven't already. This recipe originally was called Turkey Paprikash, but I made a few adjustments of my own to the dish. I knew I would prefer chicken too, but you could certainly use boneless skinless turkey breast if you wanted. This dish was really tasty, and fairly healthy too! I particularly liked the fact that it wasn't a really heavy dinner. I hope you enjoy it!!

Chicken Paprikash
(adapted from Everyday Food a Martha Stewart Magazine)

coarse salt and pepper
8 ounces whole wheat egg noodles
2 small skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion chopped
1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes in juice
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles until al dente; drain. In a bowl, toss chicken pieces with 1 tablespoon paprika; season with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Working in batches, brown chicken, 3 to 5 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add onion to skillet. Cook, stirring, until tender, about 4 to 6 minutes.

Return chicken to skillet (along with any juices). Add tomatoes (with juice), 1 tablespoon paprika and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cook until chicken is opaque, about 2 to 4 minutes.

Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Serve paprikash over noodles.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy & simple. And I have to say, every cookie recipe of Martha's I've tried has been VERY VERY good! I *heart* Martha too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Is there anything better than egg noodles? Gosh they're good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used whole wheat egg noodles, but you probably could use Kluski noodles as well or really any noodle that is your favorite. I wanted to make it more healthy that is why I used the whole wheat egg noodles.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!