Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Years Toast!


My husband and I decided we should just stay at home and relax this year for New Years, so I wanted to make something special to drink for New Years this year. New Years is actually our anniversary of when we had our first date! This year marked 7 years for us! My husband actually went out of his way to even decorate the house similar to the way it was on our first date!
So when I got to thinking about a fancy beverage, I remembered being at a birthday party for my friends boyfriend where she served Peach Sangria, and I thought that would be perfect for New Years this year!! I made just a few changes to the recipe, but it was amazing!! I love Peach Sangria and this will definitely be something I make from time to time!
Peach Sangria
1 bottle of pinot grigio
1/2 liter tonic water
3 oz peach schnapps
1 cup strawberries, sliced
2 pear, cored and sliced
2 peach, sliced (I actually used frozen unsweetened ones)
1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
ice
***I used more fruit than the original recipe called for. I did this because I knew I would really enjoy eating the fruit!! :o) But you certainly can just use only 1 pear and 1 peach if you wanted less fruit.***
Add the sliced fruit, sugar and 2 cups of ice to large pitcher. Muddle with a muddler or the back of a big wooden spoon. You aren’t trying to make a fruit smoothie (and the presentation is much nicer if the fruit are shapely) so just try to get some of the fruit oils released.
Add the wine and schnapps. Cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to server. Add the tonic water and top the pitcher with more ice. Pour into tall glasses or wine goblets, letting some of the fruit fall into the glass. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! And you can never have too much alcohol soaked fruit, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!