Monday, November 24, 2008

Getting back in my grove...attempt #1!

If you are looking for something cheap and convenient, my friend let me introduce to you .... THE PIZZA ROLL! I was craving a little comfort (and quality time with my kitchen) yesterday and went looking through my recipes. I came across this family favorite and decided it was perfect. After being out of commission from my kitchen I wanted something simple, yet satisfying. It turned out perfectly...very tasty and comforting with hardly any effort!


EASY PIZZA ROLL
1 10 ounce refrigerated pizza crust dough
2 Tablespoons Garlic Butter melted (I just made my own using Garlic, Garlic Salt and Butter)
2 Tablespoons Pizza Sauce
1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/4 cup (maybe more) sliced Pepperoni
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan/Romano Blend Cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place Garlic Butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted. Open pizza crust dough and roll out on a cutting board or flat counter surface. Brush melted Garlic Butter over top of crust. Rinse brush and brush Pizza Sauce over crust. Sprinkle Italian Seasonings over top of sauces. Next, arrange your pepperoni in a single layer. Sprinkle Mozzarella and Parmesan/Romano Blend on top of pepperoni. To roll the pizza crust, carefully start by folding over one end (long ways) about 2 inches. Pat down. Then continue folding/rolling until it is finished and the seam side is down. Place roll on a greased baking sheet seam side down. With a sharp knife, cut slits about 1/2 inch deep every two inches. Place in oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let rest for several minutes before serving. I also brushed the rest of my leftover Garlic Butter on top before serving. You can also serve this with a side of Pizza Sauce for dipping! Hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're back in the kitchen (somewhat). This looks super yummy, and I think I know a man who would welcome & devour this. Seriously I could see Nathan eating the whole roll. I'm gonna make this next week hopefully!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!