Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh how I love thee...let me count thy ways!

So since I have been in my accident I have had a lot of time to look at recipes! A friend of mine (who knows my love of pumpkin and how much I have struggled not being able to bake) sent me this EASY recipe from Southern Plate. I was so excited about it because when I saw the recipe it only called for....get ready two ingredients!!!
I was so all about this, since my recent condition has me incapable of doing very much at all. So I tried this out and let me tell you they were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! I even let the hubby take them to school today since I wasn't able to make my favorite pumpkin rolls this year. Here is the recipe from Southern Plate.
Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Streusal
1 box spice cake mix
1 can pumpkin
1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin. In mixing bowl, place all ingredients. Mix until well blended. Scoop into muffin tin. Make topping.

1 C Brown Sugar
1 Stick Margarine (I used Smart Balance 50/50)
1 C Flour

Stir together flour and brown sugar, breaking up any lumps. Cut in margarine. Spoon or sprinkle on top of muffins, pat down slightly. Bake at 350 for 20-24 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These muffins are by far some of the best muffins I have had in a long time! You seriously NEED to try them out!! They are actually pretty healthy too (minus the topping) with only having the mix, pumpkin, and water!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I was one of the lucky ones that was able to experience of your tasty treats.

    Thank you for sharing the recipe. I am all about easy!!!

    Lisa Jolly

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!