Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Spinach Turkey Alfredo Pizza

I was so excited when I found this recipe on Culinary in the Desert! I have been on this kick lately of finding new recipes/ideas for pizzas! I didn't have time to make my own crust, but I did make my own Alfredo sauce!!! My husband loves Olive Garden, and especially their Alfredo sauce. I finally have been able to come up with something that is similar enough that we don't have to frequent the restaurant as often!! :o) This pizza was really a lot better than I expected it to be! And it reminded me how much I love Spinach on pizza!!

Turkey Alfredo Pizza
(adapted from Culinary in the Desert)
12 ounces whole-wheat pizza crust
1 garlic clove, halved
1 cup shredded cooked turkey
10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup Alfredo sauce - homemade or store bought will do (I used a bit more than 1/2 a cup)
3 ounces (about 3/4 cup) shredded Parmesan cheese (I also sprinkled a little Mozzarella on top)
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper

Preheat oven to 450. Rub cut sides of garlic all over the pizza crust. In a medium bowl, toss together turkey, spinach, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Spread Alfredo sauce evenly over crust - top evenly with turkey mixture. Scatter the top with the cheese and crushed red pepper. Slide pizza back onto the stone and bake until the cheese has melted and the crust is crisp, about 8 to 12 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!