Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Toffee Shortbread Delights

I took the day off work today to get stuff with my car taken car of, and I also decided to do a little baking! I found these cookies on Dragon's Kitchen. I have been wanting to make shortbread for a while and thought that Toffee Shortbread sounded like a great combination! I always thought shortbread was more challenging, but really discovered just how easy it is to prepare and bake! I made my cookies a little smaller than the original recipe, that way if I ate 5 I didn't feel so bad!! hehe
Toffee Shortbread Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (I actually used a whole teaspoon)
2/3 cup cornstarch
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 salt
1/2 cup toffee bits
Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Cream the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Sift the cornstarch, salt and flour together. Add to the butter mixture. Stir until dough forms. Mix in the toffee bits. I always find that refrigerating any cookie dough helps the cookie turn out better, so I refrigerated these for a couple of hours before baking. (just put the mixing bowl full of dough right in your fridge) Scoop dough and shape into 1 inch balls. Place the balls 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 12-14 minutes just until set and the bottoms begin to turn a light golden brown. Cool cookies on the tray for 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

2 comments:

  1. If you have any extras, I just happen to live with a toffee lover! ;)

    PS. I'm listening to Colbie. It sounds really good! You're gonna have a fun session with it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked them. They look perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!