Sunday, December 14, 2008

What do you call it?

It's funny because all the memories I have of this delicious snack all seem to revolve around what the heck people call it!! I have heard every thing from Puppy Chow (which my family calls it), to white trash, to even reindeer poop!! What do you call it?!? I have always loved Puppy Chow. It is one of those comfort foods that just always hits the spot! I actually brought this to a party this weekend thinking no one would bring it and sure enough someone did!! Go figure!! It is so easy to make and goes over really well as a party snack!

Puppy Chow
9 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips (I like milk better than semi sweet)
1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Cups Powdered Sugar (some recipes only call for 1 1/2 cups, but I just add it to my liking)
In a large bowl measure Rice Chex and set aside. In a microwave bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter until melted and smooth. Add vanilla and stir to combine. Pour mixture over Rice Chex carefully stirring to coat the cereal. Pour covered cereal into a resealable bag. Add powdered sugar a little at a time. Make sure bag is sealed well, and then shake to coat the cereal. Keep adding Powdered Sugar until all cereal is coated. Spread cereal onto a baking sheet to cool. Store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

  1. We called it Puppy Chow too, and I think occasionally Muddy Buddies. Yum! Love that stuff! I hope you had fun at the Reindeer party! I'm sad I couldn't go with you!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!