Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday afternoon treat

So this year I actually decided NOT to make all my traditional Christmas Cookies. I wanted to just take a break and not worry about getting all my cookies baked in time to pass out; since I am still recovering from my accident. Of course that really hasn't happened! AND as it turns out, I haven't made any of "MY" cookies LOL, but I am making all sorts of other goodies I have seen recipes to on other's food blogs! I found this recipe on Beantown Baker's Blog. I knew it wasn't really a "Christmas" cookie, but I love pumpkin and white chocolate and I really wanted to make these cookies just because! They turned out amazing!!!! They were really easy to throw together and really made a lot of cookies! They are so moist and the white chocolate chips add just the perfect touch!
Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies
(original recipe found here)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
pinch nutmeg
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars. Beat in egg, then vanilla, then pumpkin. Add flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using.
Drop by tablespoons and bake for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees. Bake them until they’re lightly browned at the edges, but not dark. Remove from oven, cool for 2 minutes then remove and finish cooling on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!