Monday, February 2, 2009

Cheesecake Dip and the start of a fantastic Superbowl menu!

A couple of months ago a friend of ours ask us to host the '09 Superbowl Party! We were delighted to take on the challenge! I literally was in the kitchen cooking from the time I got home from work on Friday night to the time of kickoff!!! I was so proud of everything and I can't wait to share all my recipes with you guys!

I had everything organized on tables: dessert table and appetizer table. Each item was label so that people knew what they were eating and I didn't have to tell over 20 people what was what! My husband and I are known for our grill parties, so we host parties where everyone brings something to slap on the grill!! It works out really nicely because then we can just have snacky type foods.
So be prepared...there will be a lot of posts over the next week!!! And trust me, every recipe is worth trying!!!! So without further ado, I start the menu off with a sweet treat (of course!), Cheesecake Dip. This is something I fell in love with a couple of years ago and it always is a party pleaser. It is so easy to make and it tastes delicious on Teddy Grahams. I have always served it with those, but I am sure you could find other treasures to dip in this!
Cheesecake Dip
(from the kitchen of Liesl)


1 8 oz low fat cream cheese softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 container of thawed lite cool whip
1/2 cup to 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
cinnamon sugar for topping


In a bowl combine the cream cheese, vanilla, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir until well combined. Gently fold in cool whip a little at a time, until it is all incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips. Chill for an hour (or longer...you can make this even the day before just keep it covered). Garnish with chocolate chips and cinnamon sugar. Serve with Honey Teddy Grahams.
-Photography courtesy of Kristen Wiltse

1 comment:

  1. Yall were amazing hosts! And DANGIT, I wish I had of known that was low-fat cream cheese & cool whip, I would of ate more!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!