Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Jalapeño Popper Dip

This dip is certainly one of my new favorites. I found it a while back when I was looking for ideas for the Superbowl party I was having. I saw it on Big Red Kitchen's Blog and thought it sounded amazing! My husband and I really like spicy things...and I love Jalapeño Poppers...so this dip is a definite keeper on my list! It was so creamy and tasted wonderful on the crackers I had. I actually had quite a bit of this dip leftover from the party so for dinner one night I grilled some chicken and towards the end of the chicken being done, I spread some of the dip on top. I let it cook long enough for it to get nice and melted on top of the chicken. THE CHICKEN WAS SO GOOD!!! We actually liked it so much I made it two nights in a row!!! So if you make this dip and have leftovers you should give that a try!!
Jalapeño Popper Dip
(adapted from Big Red Kitchen)
2- 8 ounce packages fat free cream cheese, softened
1 cup lite mayonnaise
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1- 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
1- 4 ounce can sliced jalapeños
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
3/4 stick butter, melted

In a food processor add the first 6 ingredients and process until smooth. You do not need to drain either can of peppers, but I drained the jalapeños so it wasn't as spicy. Spread the dip into a greased 2 quart casserole. I actually made this the day before I served it. So I let the dip sit in the fridge overnight to let the flavors would mingle!! I think it may have made it better. I put it in without the bread crumbs so they wouldn't get soft. The next day I just pulled it out of the fridge and added the bread crumb mixture.
In a bowl mix bread crumbs and the other 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese. Pour melted butter over top crumb mixture and mix well. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the dip and bake in a 375° oven for about 20 minutes. You want the top to get browned and the dip to be heated through and bubble gently on the edges. Do not over heat this dish or the mayonnaise with separate and you will have a grease puddle in your dip. I served this on Buttercrisp Toasteds and it was delicious!
-Photography by Kristen Wiltse

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!