Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Steelers Rice Krispies Treats

Everyone loves a good rice krispies treat! They seem to be a hit no matter where you take them! I have always loved rice krispies treats, actually I am pretty much known for turning multiple things into the rice krispies format of a marshmallow bar!!! They really aren't all that unhealthy if you think about it either...although marshmallows do have a lot of sugar don't they!? I thought these turned out really cute with the yellow and black drizzled on top. I actually made a royal icing (powdered sugar, water and food coloring) to decorate with, but you could really use anything or leave it off all together. I also have always added vanilla extract to my rice krispies treats. It adds such a nice flavor to the bars.
Rice Krispies Treats
(adapted from Kellogg's)
1/4 cup butter
1 pk 10 oz. marshmallows
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 cups Rice Krispies
Melt butter in large deep pan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Add vanilla and stir to combine. Remove from heat add Rice Krispies and stir until they are well coated. Using buttered spatula press mixture into buttered 9x13 glass baking dish. Decorate as desired, or eat them plain! Cut when cool.
-Photography by Kristen Wiltse

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!