Monday, February 9, 2009

Toffee Pecan Blondies

There is nothing better in life than dessert...it's such a satisfying food!! Clearly I am still getting around to blogging about all my Superbowl delights...and this one was not a disappointment!! There are many different renditions of blondies out there, so while I was searching for a recipe I was trying to find one that would be easy to make and be able to satisfy my "Toffee Pecan" craving!! I found this recipe on Cook Like a Champion and thought it was perfect. It gives the basic blondie recipe and then gives you a breakdown for your "add-ins"...just what I wanted!! These blondies came out so moist and delicious! They only made about 16 bars (when cut small) so if you wanted more I would double the recipe and bake it in a 9x13 pan.
Toffee Pecan Blondies
6-7 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup toffee pieces
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8×8 pan with foil and lightly spray with PAM. In a large microwave safe mixing bowl melt the butter. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Mix the brown sugar with the melted butter and beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla. Add salt, stir in flour and baking powder. Mix in toffee pieces and chopped pecans.
Pour into prepared pan and use a greased spatula to evenly spread mixture in pan and level the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set in the middle. Cool on rack before cutting.
-Photography by Kristen Wiltse

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Between these & Tony's, I think Nathan ate a total of 12 blondies.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading all your comments, thanks for stopping by!